Wringer & Mangle

Going back to the Summer of 2016, where the days are long and you can enjoy meals outside.
 
In July I visited Wringer & Mangle with an offer from TimeOut. For £15 we could enjoy 2 courses and a welcome cocktail.

The place is dimly lit, creating a romantic atmosphere and perfect for intimate dinners (but unfortunately a struggle for food photographers!)

I opted for the artichokes, fennel and grapefruit as my starter and for my main I chose the Catch of the Day and a side of chips for an additional £3.50.
 


I was very much looking forward to soft, tasty artichokes and was quite impressed they catered for vegans. However, the starter didn't deliver so was very disappointing. The menu didn't state that the artichokes were raw so we're tough, unseasoned and bitter. Being paired with tough, rough fennel, rocket leaves and sour grapefruit created a very bitter dish. 
 


The Catch of the Day, which was cod served with cherry tomatoes roasted on the vibe, roasted courgette pieces was simply delicious. The thick, meaty cod was cooked and seasoned beautifully. I could have eaten another two plates of it. Despite ordering the side of chips, I was still quite hungry but nonetheless satisfied with my choice of main. I would definitely recommend.


Wringer & Mangle Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular Posts