Hook Camden

Having walked past this place many times when I worked in Camden, I thought I'd venture in here one lunchtime for some chips. It seemed a bit expensive at first £4 for just chips and a dip but they have such a big portion and the truffle mayo dip is so yummy!


I wanted to go back with my friends for a full meal so booked a table for 4. They only taking online bookings so if you try to phone, they'll just direct you back to their website. Also on Mondays, they do 50% off the food bill if you say the secret word.. (Hint: Follow them on Instagram) :)


You won't find any cod here - only sustainable fish that most people miss out on. With a choice of haddock, pollock, coley and sea bream, you'll be pleasantly surprised. Not a fan of fish? Don't worry, they have free range chicken, arancini, tacos and salads too. 

It took a while for me to decide what fish to go for and what drink due to their tempting unusual flavours but having previously tried their garlic truffle mayo, I opted for the lemon & basil sea bream, which comes with the mayo, seaweed salted chips and a wedge of lemon.


Each meal was served in a wooden rectangular crate style box with the chips underneath the fish. Sorry for the lack of photos - I was too hungry! But here's a photo of Yummy Feed being a little bit more patient that me :)



The flavour of the lemon and basil really complimented the sea bream. I loved the crunchy batter with the contrasting texture of the soft fish inside. The seaweed salted chips, which are more like wedges, were still as tasty as the last time. I did think the seaweed would be like having crushed nori on chips but it really did taste like salt. I still ate every last one and even pinched some of Jon's share too :p

By that point we were absolutely stuffed, which was a good thing as Hook don't have have any desserts on their menu.


Overall, I did enjoy Hook's food and would recommend it if you love fish and chips but want something different and unique :)



63 Parkway
Camden
London
NW1 7PP
www.hookrestaurants.com 



Comments

Popular Posts