Dairy-free Chocolate Caramel Shortbread Recipe

With my love for chocolate and caramel and biscuits, I thought I'd make my own Twix like dessert. Using my go to shortbread recipe, melted chocolate and Hey Boo's coconut caramel, you can whip up this treat in no time :)

Ingredients
150g of sifted plain flour
100g sunflower spread
50g caster sugar

50g dark chocolate
3 tbsp of Hey Boo Coconut Caramel sauce

How to make:
Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 3 / 170 degrees. 
To make the shortbread, place the flour and butter into a mixing bowl and breadcrumb. Add in the sugar and mix in by hand.
Place in a baking tin (I chose a 20cm round tin) and press down with the back of a spoon so it's even.
Bake for 10-15mins or until lightly golden just around the edges.  
Transfer the shortbread to a cooling rack. Once cool, spread the caramel sauce over the shortbread biscuit.
Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of boiling water. Make sure the water does not touch the bowl. Spread the melted chocolate over the shortbread and place in the fridge to set.


Cut into pieces to share or you can have it as a giant biscuit :p





Comments

Popular Posts