25th Birthday Celebrations




As my friend put it - I'm now a quarter of a century old! :o

But as consolation, I had the best birthday celebrations, yup plural, with the best company :)


First stop, The Movable Feast at London Bridge, where I bumped into the lovely Pomodoro E Basilico :)


We tried her vegan brunch, which came with cheesy tofu kale, bloody (beetroot) hash, sourdough bread, avocado and chickpea mash and asparagus, lettuce and a grilled tomato. We've never had a vegan brunch before but we were definitely satisfied and full from it! We loved the beetroot hash and could have eaten a whole plateful :)



Next stop, Kyoto Gardens in Holland Park. For more photos click here :) 


Since the weather was nice and we had 4 hours till dinner, I thought it'd be a great day to check out this pretty garden. I've seen photos but I didn't expect to see peacocks so I ended up just following them around trying to take photos of them :p 



We started at Vapiano in Soho for dinner. I've been here before but I loved the laid back atmosphere and the simple but delicious food. When you enter you are given a contactless card, which acts as a credit card. So after you've decided what you want to eat, then you queue up at your chosen food area (i.e. pasta, pizza, drinks etc). I went for my usual Pomodoro fresco e Basilico with campanelle pasta but ordered in Italian :p

Thank you to the patient chef who understood me :)



After a filling meal, I was then surprised by Ken with a huge chocolate vegan cake made by Pomodoro E Basilico (it was a very pomodoro e basilico day for me :p). All my friends were impressed and most couldn't even tell that it was vegan :)




Our final stop - Be At One

I don't normally stay out as it takes me 1 ½ hours to get home if I'm in London. But there was only one way to end the night - with a bit of dancing :) 

Having been there the night before, Jonathan recommended Be At One. Sachin happened to notice that the bouncer was his old school friend and he ended up getting us wristbands so we could have buy one get one free on cocktails all night! Thank you Marvin! :)

Apart from missing the last train home and walking in the cold for half an hour as our cab had to be terminated at 2AM, it was the perfect way to celebrate :)

On my actual birthday, I went to Rabot 1745, where I indulged in chocolate dishes (each dish has chocolate in it!). I've included all the food photos in another post so click here if you like chocolate :) 

Comments

Popular Posts