Drink, Shop, Do review

I can't honestly remember how I stumbled upon this place but I remember keeping an open tab of their website for months!

Since my lovely friend Ting was coming down to visit for the day and suggested coffee, I couldn't think of a better time to visit :)

Since there was a lot of rail engineering works, my train was delayed and I arrived to find her and her boyfriend already scoffing toast with avocado and a poached egg! Luckily she loves eating like me so we all ordered a slice of cake: Red velvet, mocha and a chocolate almond gluten free cake. 


Excited and curious, we each tried a bit of the cakes and decided although they were all delicious, we all agreed that the best one was the mocha. It had a great balance of sweetness and chocolate and coffee. I'm quite picky when it comes to frosting as sometimes it's just too sweet but this frosting went so well with the rich, dark chocolate cake that I can't fault it. I'm not a fan of coffee but I would definitely go back for a whole slice!
The chocolate almond cake was recommended to me by one of the staff members and it was yummy. If you're a chocolate brownie lover, this is the cake for you :)

But if the flavours above aren't your cup of tea, there's plenty of other amazing cakes for you to choose from.


Speaking of tea, after reading @akboogie's review on Zomato, I ordered a pot of James and the Giant Peach tea - a black tea flavoured with peach. It was light and warming and accompanied the cakes very well.
My bill (chocolate almond cake + tea) came to £7.80, which may seem a little pricey just for tea and cake but it was definitely worth it.


Drink, Shop, Do is not only a great place to eat cakes but there are always different events on each day so do check out their website :) 

Comments

Popular Posts